Sunday, October 09, 2005

A hike, anyone?



I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. I want to spend a significant amount of time being dirty and miserable for a good reason, like because I WANT to-- not because my bathroom is falling apart. I know it's far, but I don't know how far. I'll look it up:

According to Wikipedia, the FREE encyclopedia, the AT is 2,174 miles long and it passes trough [in order] Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticuit, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine!

I'll admit, this is all because I saw a special on PBS. Sure, your feet probably fall off when you're done and backwoods folk try to have sex with you along the way, but when they play that adventurous banjo riff while zooming in on a fall leaf...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home