Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Amino Proteins?

I was washing my hair with my new bottle of Pantene Pro-V shampoo this morning, and I noticed something REALLY stupid. The shampoo advertises being "NEW! With Amino Proteins!"

Uhm. Tell me, shampoo, what proteins AREN'T amino proteins? Also, who says "amino proteins?!" NOBODY! All proteins are made of amino acids, as far as I know-- there's simply no other way. So unless the folks at Proctor & Gamble have discovered something REALLY huge and are huddling over their vats of shampoo and conditioner cackling evilly, they're just plain stupid. Just to make sure, I looked up "amino protein" and guess what I got:

CRAP!

The only things that came up were some [probably fraudulent] muscle enhancer supplement, and a bunch of sites mentioning "amino/protein" which doesn't count.

I'm tempted to write to them, but I'm pretty sure all I'd get is some free sample of their idiot shampoo and I don't want THAT.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! free shampoo sucks!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our unintentionally destructive friend has a point i suppose.. free shampoo does probably suck, or why else would they give it away.

but i'm going to play devil's advocate to the folks down at pantene inc. and co.llc.com when i say that amino proteins are the first thing i look for when i think about clean hair.

i mean, its not enough to just wait for protein to grow out of my head, i'm gonna wanna bathe in it too. and amino proteins? more's the better, no one wants to think about putting acid into their hair, unless you'd want to bleach it. but even then, bleach is a base. no one wants acid in their hair, except for fruit extracts, thats fine.

shampoo is a tricky science as once quoted by warren beatty (a man all too familiar with what it takes to maintain a gorgeous head o hair)

the people at pantene don't want you not to think that their product won't give you the thickest shiniest proteinististsist hair possible.. so i salute them and their efforts to make me pay extra for shit i don't need. god bless em

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find you blog, well, joyous. It makes me remember the times that I used to wash my hair in the great soda lakes of Kenya. All the Masai tribesmen yelling at me about messing up the water or something. Anyway, dig it. Moop.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Lena Webb said...

I don't remember those times... Not one bit...

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home