Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Twin clones?


I've been sitting in front of the computer a lot, ignoring lots of things as they happen in other rooms. Especially the boxes and the crap that needs to come with me to Atlanta, or stay here in New York. Especially them. I've also been ignoring my own mother a tidy sum, at least until tonight when, from the other room,her disembodied voice asked "why don't they call twins "clones?"

A good question, mother, a good question indeed.

I started with my usual "Well, it's probably because..." and then faded off into idiocy. I really just had no idea whatsoever, and there I was going to start running off my poorly-informed mouth yet again. Catching myself, I decided that since my retarded eyes were already glued to the computer screen that I might as well just look it up.

I found that twins are quite often referred to as "natural clones." What hurts the most is that I KNEW that already, I just wasn't glib enough to toss it out there.

There are several people I know that would be pretty disappointed in this little science student. It's a damned good thing few people read this, or at least few people with that elusive little quality known as a "scientific background."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The town next to me here in ohio is called "twinsburg", and its the (inter?) national capital of freaks, i mean twins. They have "twins day" every year where its like a festival for natural clones, and freaks come from miles and miles away to show themselves to other freaks. I've gone a few years and just kind of mill through the crowd. If any one asks me where my twin is, i just say "he's keeping my seat warm in twin heaven", and then i make a vulgar gesture to confuse them as to whether i'm saying he's dead or he's taking a shit in the port-o-potty. When do you leave for hotlenabanginglanta?

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you saying i dont have "scientific background"?
...because i dont.
i am gladdened every time you post.
email me and tell me about yer life:
myname@gmail.com

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got your scientific background and foreground right here missy. Fucking science. Shouldn't there also be something in your blog about the actually act of cloning? I mean, it's a freakin verb for a reason. It's not like when a sperm "hits" and egg it's called cloning. Right? Just a thought, but I'm no BIOLOGIST so maybe I'm wrong. My life is not so slowly beginning to be taken over by the chemistry department at boston university. Help. Oh, and in response to Doug, I think the Minnesota Twins should move to Twinsburg. Any here heres on that?

5:52 PM  
Blogger Lena Webb said...

Now, Kenz, I realize that you get all fired up leaving comments on Jamie's lousy excuse for a blog, but that's NO reason to trounce MY blog. At least I provide you with [relatively] fresh and [moderately] interesting reading material!

SCIENCE IS LIFE!! ROOOAARRRRRRR!

Good one about the MN Twins, Kenz! [insert embarrassing laughing noises here]

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's melloman jamspoon? I think he might looooove you!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Lena Webb said...

Melloman love horses, Kenz. Not me. Horses.

AAAHHHH

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home